Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always it's bound to be the best footy game ever as long as they don't screw up...Which they've never done before.

Looking like they might have the UK licence which is great.

So Henry and Beckham look realistic, but the day that players like Stepehen Kelly, Russell Hoult and other non-big name players look like their real-life counterpart, THAT'S when I'll get excited about graphics.

PES 5 Video

Well, it's actually WE9, but I think they are pretty much the same game. Really nice video. Looks like there's snow, a ball editor, and a good few teams licensed. I believe although that WE and PES have different teams licensed, so there might only be a few EP teams with the real kits in WE but they might all have them in PES.

I do not care one iota how good the graphics are as long as they sort out some really, really annoying gameplay things. Throw-ins can be fucking aggrivating, the goalies are an absolute joke most of the time and the fouls need to be sorted out. And maybe put Orient into the game and then I will be happy.

The graphics look really good, im more bothered about the gameplay because PES4 owns.

Im always playing online games with mates, its really good and never bores me

w00t, PES5, now with photorealistic...erm....EYES~! Yay for realistic eyes, such a vital part of a football sim.

Seriously, the skins are just as meh as they always have been (I love the "Kryten look" Henry is sporting. Very fetching. At least the balls are pretty rounded I guess, oh...wait...).

If you're going to show off graphics, Konami, make them good first? Not that I care, I just laugh at companies that are like "OMG look at our supar graphics~!~!". There probably should've been a 'b' in that quote somwhere, I'll let you guess where :P.

But yeah, PES has always been about the gameplay, and you can't really fault that. Excluding the throw-ins, goalkeepers, free kicks, Peter Brackley (¬_¬), the lack of any point to doing stepovers/tricks and twists, and referee's that are even more blind than the real thing.

Meh, at least it's better than Fifa. We've got that to be thankful for,

How could they have one team licenced and one team not? Surely an entire league would have to be licenced? It doesn't really matter in the end as patches will be released, so as long as the gameplay is good i'm happy.

The teams agree for the premier league. It's all complicated.

Anyone who doesn't like the shit kits/awful music/terrible commentary should get their Ps2 mod'd and patch Pro Evo. Their is a huge community of patchers doing stuff like changing the commentary team to Motson and someone else, to making photorealistic players and changing stadiums and menu music.

I did look into all that patching and that, but it seemed to complicated for me. I've seen some screens of patched games and they look quality, but I don't want to risk fucking up my Playstation. I just bought one of those Max Drives and got an update of a site with badges, kits and transfers. It's good enough for me right now.

:huh:

How exactly would they be able to change the in-game commentary to John Motson?

To have John Motson, they would need to have had him record each and every single piece of commentary that features in the game or a more amatuish version of simply ripping his commentary off a random match. Either way I can't see it done as a bunch of patchers are hardly going to a) waste money on the unlikely option of paying him to do the commentary or b) waste time recording and attaching several hundred pieces of relevant commentary from a standard match.

I think you must have heard wrong.